The Bigger the BEST
With the advent of social media, digital photos and videos the amount of information uploaded to the internet every day is exponentially growing. This presents challenges for the IT industry from where to put all this data and how to use it.
Much of the information can be categorized into three categories: Volume, Velocity and Variety. The problem is the data is often unstructured and difficult to extract useful information from. Examples of solutions to big data problems is the IBM Watson Supercomputer which used the vast knowledge of the internet to solve Jeopardy questions.
The challenge becomes how can we use this vast sea of data and process it all in a sufficient amount of time to solve any of the many problems we face in the world!
Do you want to know more about that and have loads of fun? Then come and apply for our awesome Spring Course and join us in Delft!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Big Data, Computational Sciences
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The students should gain an understanding of the topics mentioned through theoretical lectures and practical tasks.
- Examination type:
- Written report and oral examination.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, interest in course topics.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student hostel, cultural center or scout center.
- Three meals per day: breakfast, lunch and dinner (hot meal).
- Public transportation and bike