Root for deep learning
Let's help our computers understand this world!
That does not make you afraid, right? In a world in which computers beat humans in an always growing number of situations, we want you to take the side of the machines!
You will follow a series of theoritical and practical sessions that will teach you the basics of deep learning.
All this will unfold in Liège, major city of the south of Belgium and home to the most friendly Besties! We will even give you Belgian fries!
Don't be shy, just apply!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics
- Content and topics:
- Participants will attend lectures and practical sessions related to deep learning. Although no advanced knowledge is required, basics in programming are necessary. The participants will have the chance to assess their progress at a one day long project. Participants will also visit companies working with deep learning.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Latest developments in deep machine learning have enabled great and unprecedented advances in systems for visual recognition, speech and text understanding or autonomous intelligent agents. In this context, this course is designed as an introduction to the internals of deep learning architectures, with a focus on learning end-to-end models for these tasks. Students will learn to implement, train and debug their own neural networks and gain some understanding of cutting-edge research in the field.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participants will be selected based on their motivation letter and their answers to the three questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will sleep in the dorms of the university. There is one bed per room and one shower per two rooms. There is no limitation on hot water used in showers.
- Organisers will provide the participants with food as diverse as possible. For breakfast : bread, ham, cheese, cereals, jam, fresh vegetables & fruits, milk, fruit juices, etc... Lunch will mainly consist of sandwiches but sometimes it will aslo be a hot meal. Dinner will be a hot meal, unless at lunch it already was. Also, there will be Belgian fries. Coffee break will be given during lectures.
- Use of car, train, bus, even feet, all provided for free by the organisers.