HIGH STRUCTURES, Size does matter!
When you are high above the earth on the 13th floor of a building, and you feel butterflies in your stomach when looking down towards the tiny people, do you ever think about how safe you are? What if the wind blows harder or an earthquake shakes it off the ground? What keeps a high structure up? How is the structure built? These are questions to be answered in our extraordinary Summer Course. You’ll find out that SIZE DOES MATTER when designing high buildings.
Do you want more? Well… this is not all… you’ll also learn about offshore structures and you’ll be able to answer even more interesting questions like: What are they used for? Do they float or are they anchored? What are they made of?
Well…if it sounds interesting, we are waiting for you in one of Romania’s most beautiful cities and we promise you, we’re going to have a great time together, taste our traditional food and drinks, meet the beautiful Romanian girls and enjoy the Transylvanian spirit.
- Content and topics:
- Students will learn about high rise and offshore structures; they will find solutions to ‘reduce’ vibrations and will face some associated technological problems for these structures. The course will include workshops and exercises for practical applications.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The goal of this course is to provide participants with further knowledge in the field of civil engineering and to offer new solutions for structures exposed to vibrations, as well as some interesting answers about new building technology for offshore structures.
- Examination type:
- Written examination or optional practical test
- ECTS credits issued:
- 2.0 (credits only for students studying civil engineering)
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on their motivation letter , interest in the topic, field of study
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- We'll stay in a student hostel and when we are on our trip, we will stay in different places from Romania.
- We will take lunch and dinner at the restaurant and breakfast in the hostel.
- Private bus and public transportation