Save ALL the wet energy!
I know that as a child you've always wanted to be a superhero and SAVE THE WORLD. Well, guess what? BEST Timisoara will give you this opportunity this summer!
We invite you to come learn with us how to build the next micro hydro power plant in one of Romania's most beautiful cities and at the same time you will learn about the newest trends in renewable energy.
For the geek in you, we have:
- Introduction in micro-hydro power;
- Elements of a micro-hydro power plant;
- Main parameters (head, discharge);
- Principles of hydraulic turbines;
- Types of hydraulic turbines;
- How to match a hydraulic turbine with site potential;
- Visit to a power plant;
- Reasons to choose micro-hydro power.
For the party animal in you we have 10 nights of parties along with students from twenty other countries.
For the tourist in you we give you the chance to see the wonderful city of Timisoara and learn all about tzuica, sarmale, mamaliga and many other.
Want to find out what all of these mean? Apply to BEST Timisoara Summer Course and find out ALL about it!
We are waiting for YOU to "Save ALL the wet energy"!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- Introduction in micro-hydro power plant. Elements of a micro-hydro power plant. Main parameters (head, discharge). Principles of hydraulic turbines. Types of hydraulic turbines. How to match a hydraulic turbine with site potential
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To know the operating principle of a micro-hydro power plant and the differences between a hydro power plant and a micro-hydro power plant. To recognize which are the advantages and disadvantage of a micro-hydro power plant and which are the parameters for choosing a micro-hydro power plant.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Interest in micro-hydro power plant.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Campus dormitories
- 3 meals per day are included. At least one hot meal per day.
- Public Transportation(bus,trams)