REFRESH! New Faces of Abandoned Places
Have you ever wondered what's going to happen with old abandoned buildings? Have you ever felt the dashing desire to go inside and discover its secrets? Have you dreamed about what could be there in the future?
If at least one of your answers is YES, you should definitely APPLY for this summer course!
Let's take an amazing ride through Bratislava's hidden places! We look for curious, CREATIVE people, who love to discover secret and forsaken places and who are full of fresh ideas to share.
The topic is focused on industrial buildings, old factories. This scary and wonderful places are just fascinating, aren't they? Skilled professionals from practice will be tutoring us and all together we will discover issues of these places. We will unveil their hidden potentials and point out their possible comeback to the vital and contemporary life of Bratislava.
And of course, Your BEST SUMMER in Bratislava, also known as PARTYslava :), is not going to be just about the studying and working...
GET READY FOR amazing social program, CRAZY PARTIES and new dimensions of your summer to spend the BEST time of your life!
Come to discover all the beauties of Bratislava and our great nature, here in the heart of the Europe, SLOVAKIA.
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- Revitalization and presentation of old industrial buildings, new ideas and functions.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Bring knowledge of revitalization, learn the respect for industrial monuments as a part of our history, find out how to present this heritage and use it with new function. Enhance cooperation between different professions. Development of soft skills in presentation and debates.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on motivation letter, interest in topic, enthusiasm and answers to our questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- university dormitory
- university canteen (three meals per day, at least one hot)
- bus, train, public transport