Energize me! And let the power flow(er)...
Energy is all around us: we use it to walk, to talk, to go to school and to light our houses... But have you ever wondered where it all comes from? How do they get this massive amount of energy to our houses? We will explore how basic energy provisions work and look at the challenges for the energy sector in the future.
Are you ready for an active course on Energy? We will be constantly on the move! This course, your new best friend will be the bicycle we will give you.
We will teach you what fun is, Leuven-style.
Don't hesitate, and apply NOW!
- Fields of activity:
- Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Power Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Introduction to electricity grids and the future smart grids. What are the challenges for the future smart grid with sustainable/renewable energy sources (wind, PV), electric cars and smart buildings and what is their importance?
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn more about electricity grids, energy problems and challenges and the future opportunities. Lectures in combination with workshops, practical sessions and company visits.
- Examination type:
- Written examination
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to questions and interest in the topic. Be creative! Also diversity of the group will be important.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- On campus student residences
- Three meals per day cooked by the organisers (at least one hot)
- Bicycle, car and public transport