Pirates of the Douro: In the Course of the Perfect Ship
Have you ever dreamed of being a pirate of the seven seas sailing with your magnificent ship?
Do you see Pirates of the Caribbean just to see the Black Pearl?
So, Porto is the place you have to be this Summer.
We will give you the basic knowledge and you'll have to bring your ideas together to build your own ship and win the competition! You will learn from the best experts in the field.
Besides that you will have the opportunity to visit the wonderful city of Porto, taste the worldwide known Port Wine and enjoy the magnificent sun and beaches of Porto.
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Architectural Engineering , Automotive Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Ship modelling, fluid mechanic (hydrodynamics), centre of mass, properties of materials
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Understand the principles behind a model ship and know how to build it
- Examination type:
- Presentation of the model built and case study results
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letters and answers to the questions will be the main criteria taking into account gender balance and country diversity
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth Hostel or University's Residence; possibly sleeping in tents/gym at the weekend trips.
- Three meals per day, at least one of them warm, will be provided in the university canteen, restaurants in Porto or by self-catering.
- Bus, train, metro