Save European Production - How to remain competitive in the global business environment
Ever wondered why most of the stuff you buy says "made in China" and not "made in Greece"? Do you want to be the savior of European jobs? Do you want to bring local to global?
Go to Aalborg - find the solution!
Understand the challenges of global operations and use this to improve European companies.
Use this in practice as a global business consultant in a team working on real life problems and propose solutions.
- Fields of activity:
- Computer Engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Mechanical Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The topics covered are: Global Business Fundamentals Operations Strategy Knowledge transfer in global settings The content will be provided through lectures, and then it will be applied through practical work on real problems presented by companies. The students will work in groups to develop solutions and present them through oral presentations and writing.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Students who complete the course are expected to gain knowledge about: Basic concepts of Global Business, Operations Strategy, and Knowledge Management and how they can be applied in practice Core operational and strategic risks and opportunities associated with globalisation in business in general and manufacturing companies in particular Special attention will be given to European companies and challenges to their longer term competitiveness Through this course students acquire a portfolio of tools and skills that enable the basic understanding about global business systems of companies and how these systems can be improved.
- Examination type:
- Oral examination on basis of developed solutions or concepts.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Open minded. Ability to address complex problems with no exact solution and limited information available. Ability to work well with others. Ability to ask the right questions. Proficient to read academic literature in English.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- In a dormitory or in a school.
- Organisers' famous danish cooking, and company and university cantinas.
- Public transport.