Technology in Sport
Have you ever thought of sport as an engineering field? Have you considered how many teams of engineers contribute to conquer the Olympics? Have you ever considered yourself as one of those engineers who make the difference in the history of world sport?
Then take your first step to the Olympics of engineering with us in Gothenburg!
We invite you to participate in our summer course on a brand-new topic: Technology in Sport. Together with Chalmers University of Technology we will be among the first in Sweden who combine the incompatible: engineering and sport. During the course we will look into technological secrets behind four sports and put them into practice:
- Horse riding
Innovative approach, one of the best technical universities in the Nordic countries, futuristic laboratories - all that is waiting for you in lovely Gothenburg.
This is going to be the greatest summer course of the season!
Are you with us? Then apply!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Food Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Pharmacy , Production Engineering/Management , Textile Engineering & Technology
- Content and topics:
- Various fields of engineering that are widely applied in swimming, floorball, sailing and horse riding: Life Science, Materials Science, Nanotechnology and Production. For more information, please refer to our website.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course will introduce students to how technology is applied in sports, what the technical needs of the sport industry and recent research are. For more information, please refer to our website.
- Examination type:
- Yet to be defined
- ECTS credits issued:
- 1.0 (2,5 official Chalmers credits to EU students)
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to activity related questions and academic background
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Swedish dormitory: personal rooms with all facilities
- Catered/cooked by LBG Gothenburg members
- Public transport