Czech out the power of 3D printing!
Are you bored of going shopping every time any small thing in your home breaks? Clothes pegs, cups or even your glasses? 3D printing is the solution! With a 3D printer, you can easily design and print almost anything from your fantasies!
* Do you want to learn more about 3D print technology?
* Do you want to design and print your own creations?
* Do you want to learn about huge 3D model databases, which allow you to print anything from art to guns?
* Did you know, that one of the most popular self-replicating open source 3D printers was developed by a Czech?
Apply to our course and learn a lot about awesome and still growing world of 3D printing! All of that in the heart of the Europe - fabulous Prague!
The future of fabrication is waiting for you!
The academic part of the course will be held on Faculty of Information Technology at Czech Technical University in Prague.
Basic knowledge of working with computers is required for participants of the course.
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- Learn about the 3D print technology! You will work with open source 3D printers and use specialised software to design 3D models of products. We will provide you informations about the usage, importance and future of 3D print technology.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- You will get a basic understanding of 3D print technology and you will learn how to design basic 3D models and print them with open source 3D printers.
- Examination type:
- Project and presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the questions (show us how creative you are!)
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dormitory
- Three meals everyday cooked by the organisers, at least one served hot
- Walking, public transportation (You will get public transportation tickets from the organisers)