European Week 2007 - Globalization inside : ethics beneath!
Do you really know what globalization is?
And what does it really mean for an active engineer? Could you even imagine all the ethical issues that you will face being a “globalised” engineer?
During a crazy European Week, you will meet real professionals working abroad or in multinational companies. You will discuss in depth about what should be, like big companies’ ethical policies. You will also experience working in groups, case studies and site visits.
Not to mention, the BEST part of the week: awesome parties, sightseeing: the Eiffel Tower, Versailles, etc and Paris like you will never see it!!
- Content and topics:
- Globalization inside: ethics beneath! Globalisation and the development of new information and communication technologies have created a deep changeover in the companies. Nowadays, engineers have to face new challenges that are everything but technological. Subcontracting, delegating activities to other more and more specialised companies, makes the boundaries of one company ever more difficult to reach or even to understand and creates new behaviours and new obligations. There is especially concerning ethical matters so much to understand for a young engineer and so much to learn in order to be able to work in a multinational company.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- learn more about globalization and its consequences on the every day life of an active engineer.
- Examination type:
- A short written exam
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter!!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- In the Supelec students' flats.
- Typical french food, including cheese and wine. Everything will be cooked by us for breakfast and diner, and by the school's restaurant for lunch.
- Bus and train to tour the region. Subway will be used inside Paris, and to go to Supélec.