Do you know what genetically modified organisms (GMO) are? Do you want to know more about them and how they are made? Did you know that in the past wheat was 2 meters high?
Do you want to know and learn more about this topic? You can do it on our course! During 10 days in Maribor we will take you on a BEST adventure through mysterious and magical world of GMOs!
The path will take you through plant tissue cultures which use many techniques to maintain or grow plant cells, tissues or organs under sterile conditions on nutrient composition. You will also have a chance to make your own plant organisms or culture!
Beside this you will discover the amazing world of scientists and biotechnology, and how they clone plants, animals, how they grow stem cells for treatment and tissue engineering.
We will also take you on an amazing trip through Slovenia and beside great nature, beautiful cities and stunning surroundings you will visit biotechnical companies and laboratories, greenhouses and fields where you will have a chance to get an even more in depth knowledge on the topic.
Don't miss the amazing chance to be a part of our BEST course! Experience our crazy spirit, Slovenian culture and at the end become a little unique expert on this thematic field!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering
- Content and topics:
- You will get knowledge about genetically modified organisms, methods of genetic modification, plant tissue culture, cloning plants, animals and stem cells for treatment and tissue engineering. You will have a chance to work with plant tissue culture and also make your own plant organisms/culture and visit companies, laboratories, greenhouses and fields.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To provide basic knowledge about genetically modified organisms, biotechnology, synthetic biology and to experience lectures, workshops and laboratory work with specialized professors, lecturers, lab technicians and specialists that have been working on and researching this topic for several years now.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and interest in the topic, application questions, crazy spirit! :)
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students dormitory
- Three meals per day, at least one hot
- By foot, public transportation