All trains lead to Lille, so don't stop them now cause they are having a good time... GOING CRAZY!
"I'm burning through Europe Yeah!
Six hundreds kilometres per hour
That's why they call me the king of transportation
I'm trav'ling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic man out of you
So don't stop me now, don't stop me
'Cause I'm having a good time, having a good time
If you wanna have a good time just apply to the course"
Extract from the official anthem of trains by Queen
There is no possible comparison between trains and the other means of transportation: trains are safer, the least polluting, the most punctual, and are going faster and faster! Still companies are working hard to improve it and make it faster, greener and safer. How can they achieve this? How do composites materials and energy recuperation devices make the trains even better? That's what you will discover in Lille... and a lot more!
There is no doubt that in our mobile and quickly changing BEST Europe trains are our future! Just think about it: by train, Lille is half-an-hour away from Brussels and one hour from London and Paris! It 's actually faster than the time to check-in in Charles de Gaulle Airport, there is almost no CO2 involved and you are free to party inside it! Remember this, because we will work for sure but will party far harder!
Lille is the capital of (the north of) France, the capital of students, the capital of beer, and the capital of party spirit in France!!! So do you wanna come??? You will be lodging in a "student castle", in the heart of Lille, you'll be able to see England across the sea, Belgium, probably Paris...
Now, if you really wanna have a good time just APPLY!
- Fields of activity:
- Environmental Engineering , Materials Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- We'll give you, through lectures, lab sessions and company visits, an overview of the new technologies developed for railway transportation including composites materials and energy recuperation devices
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To get some knowledge on the future of trains
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Awesomeness, interest in the topic and motivation letter!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- At school residence, one person bedrooms
- Students canteen, home-made food!
- Public transportation, buses or organizers cars.