Intelligent Mobile Machines
Ever wondered when machines and robots will take over the world? The day might be closer than you think and Tampere is the place where the first outbreak will happen. There is only way to defeat them now! Come to Tampere, learn to control them and have the BEST two weeks of your life.
During this course you will learn about challenges in designing autonomous mobile robots and visit local companies in the field of intelligent hydraulics. The course is composed of two parts: teaching and student work. Teaching includes introduction to several subsystems like hydraulics, control architecture, electronics and wireless communication. Components of such intelligent systems are also briefly presented: sensors, navigation and perception, vision and recognition.
Furthermore, you will explore Tampere and the surroundings, experience sauna, long Finnish summer nights and have the full experience of student life in the greatest student town in Finland.
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Automotive Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Physics/Physics Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Intelligent Mobile Hydraulics
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Students learn about challenges in making autonomous mobile machines (mobile robots).
- Examination type:
- Course paper
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Previous studies, open motivation letter and answers to questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory (3 big rooms)
- Breakfast in the dormitory - Lunch in the canteen - Dinner in the dormitory/restaurant/barbeque
- Public transportation when needed